Welcome to Lynchburg Presbyterian
Church & Cemetery!
***We are proud to invite all to join us for Old Timey Day once again in our beloved Church:
October 11, 2015
Church service will be at 11am with lunch after.***
Lynchburg Presbyterian Church was organized in 1855 by 21 charter members who met in the nearby Methodist church. This Greek Revival church, built of hand-hewn pine and featuring galleries on either side, was built that year with the help of their neighbors along with slaves and free blacks. Rev. W.W. Wilson, a native of Ireland, served as its first pastor. This church is one of the few buildings still standing from the original town of Lynchburg. When the railroad was built one mile north in 1854 and that area was renamed Lynchburg, this community became South Lynchburg. The church and cemetery were listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 2004.
Lynchburg Presbyterian Church is a landmark for South Carolina history, history that needs help preserving.